Any student of this College can use the Library facilities. However, only a member of the College library is eligible to borrow books subject to availability of books as per
the SMC Library Rules and Regulations. Presently the Library has a collection of over 3200 Volumes of Books, 15-20 National and International Journals and 10 different news Papers and Magazines.
Rules for the Library & Archives
1. Library Hours
- Reference/Reading Room Hours
Monday to Friday: 09:00 a.m. – 03:00 p.m. or Office Working Hours 06:00 p.m. – 08:00 p.m. (Compulsory for Boarders)
Saturday 09:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon
- Borrowing/Returning Hours Monday to Friday: 09:00 a.m. – 03:00 p.m.
1.3. Internet Browsing Hours
Monday to Friday: 09:00 a.m. – 03:00 p.m.
2. Procedure for Borrowing Books
Sakus Mission College Library follows OPEN ACCESS SYSTEM. This is to say, the readers are free to select their books from the stacks, but the required books must be issued by a library staff. While issuing/borrowing, borrower’s name must be written legibly and signed on the Book-Card kept inside the front cover of the book and the due date for return must be stamped by the library staff on the due date slip fixed on the first page after the front cover.
3. Borrowing Limits
|3.3.||B.A. Students||03 (Major), 02 (General)|
|3.4.||Higher Secondary Students||02|
Borrowers’ Library Card is provided from the library to the students and the outside members of the library. Books are issued only by the library staff on duty against the library card of course maintaining the borrowing limits. Borrowers must use their own library card while borrowing books. Loss of library card should be immediately informed and Rupees 50/- will be charged for a new library card.
4. Loan Period & Fine
- Faculty/Staff: 15 days
- Students: 07 days
Books from the General Stack Room may be borrowed and can be renewed if brought on or before the Due Date, and not required by another reader. The reissued book/s can be recalled by the Librarian at any time before the new date expires. A book cannot be renewed more than two times.
A student who fails to return or renew his/her borrowed book/s on or before the due date would be penalized with fine of Rupees 5/- per day (each book).
5. Materials not for Loan
Following materials are not for borrowing:
Reference Books such as Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, etc. those are marked “R” on their spines; Back-Issues of Journals/Periodicals in Bound Form shelved in the Reference Room; Back-Issues of unbound Journals/Periodicals kept in the cupboard; Current Journals/Periodicals displayed in the New Arrival Display Rack kept in the Reference Room; Maps, Audio and Video cassettes or CD/DVD, old/rare books, old journals, manuscripts, microfiches and other valuable materials kept and preserved in the Archives.
6. Care of Books
- Writing or underlining books is strictly prohibited. Pages of the books/journals must not be folded down or marked in any Books must be kept off the floor, handled gently and care taken not to damage the
binding. Readers are requested to report damaged books immediately to the library staff, if noticed, and not to repair these themselves.
- A borrower who mutilates or lose book/s will be assessed the full replacement cost. Chewing/Smoking in the library, tearing off pages from books/journals/magazines would be liable for serious action that can be extended up to suspension from the college.
- Students without library card cannot make use of the
- Borrowed books should be returned before any examination
- Readers are not allowed to bring their Personal Books except Notebooks, Diaries, Xerox Copies etc. Any library-related problem may be brought to the notice of the Librarian preferably in
- Wardens shall supervise the Boarders during Evening Library Study hours with roll-call and prayers. Wardens will be assisted by the student librarians.
- The Chaplain will be the Superintendent who shall monitor both the Hostels (B & G) and their study