Ragging is totally prohibited in the premises of the college and anyone found guilty of ragging or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging is liable to be punished in accordance with the UGC regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions.
The following acts shall be considered as ragging:
- Any conduct by any student or students which have the effect of teasing, treating or
handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which
causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to
raise fear or apprehension in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do an act which such student will not do in the ordinary course
and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so
as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of the student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic
activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any
The following punishments depending on the nature and gravity of the offence shall be
awarded to those found guilty:-
- Expulsion from the college and consequent debarring from admission to any other
institution for a specified period.
- Suspension from attending classes and other academic privileges.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- When the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the
college shall resort to collective punishment.
Note: In the case of any ragging incident, the students may immediately bring it to the
notice of the members of Anti-Ragging Committee of the college for necessary help,
guidance and actions.
ANTI-RAGGING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Dr. Arenla Aier, Principal (Advisor)
- Mr. Aosanen Jamir, HoD, Department of Economics (Faculty Representative)
- Mr. Bendangonen, Warden, Boys Hostel (Member)
- Ms. Takunaro Jamir, Warden, Girls Hostel (Member)
- Class Representatives, B.A. 1st Semester (Fresher’s Representative)
- President, SMCSU (Senior student Representative)
- Alem Obangmenla Jamir (Parents Representative)